Creating healing relationships through healing touch…
Healing Touch is a nursing based continuing education program for registered nurses, physicians, body therapists, counselors, psycho-therapists, other health professionals, and individuals desiring an in-depth understanding and practice of healing work using energy based concepts.
Healing Touch Program Description
A course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing Touch (HT) which in-corporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in 6 levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements.
Level I Description
Level 1 begins with 16-18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to HT.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice Level I Course Content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
(16-18) Continuing Education Contact Hours
Workshop Dates: January 23 & 24, 2010 Time: 9-6 pm
Location: Alchemy & Elixir Health Group, 320-1026 Davie St, Vancouver, V6E 1M3
Coordinator: Betty Petersen Phone: phone: (403) 474 7399
Instructor: Betty Petersen, RN, BSCN, HTCP/I Betty has many years of nursing and teaching experience. She is a Certified Spiritual Healer, Certified Educational Kinesiology Consultant and Instructor and is Past President of the Canadian Holistic Nursing Association (CHNA). Betty has completed level 3 of the CHNA Specialization Program and has studied a variety of other energy therapies, which she uses in her independent nursing practice, Therapeutic Balancing in Calgary, Alberta.
Pricing for Tuition:
- Regular Tuition – $333
- HTPA or CHNA Member Tuition – $308
- Student/Repeat/Senior – $225
- EARLY DISCOUNT BY DEC 1, 2009 -$308 Register Early! Enrollment Limited!
Prepayment and preregistration required! Can you bring a massage table?
Make checks payable to: c/o Betty Petersen
Send payment to: Alchemy & Elixir Health Group, 320-1026 Davie St, Vancouver, V6E 1M3
for more information www.healingtouchprogram.com
Healing Touch Program is an international, multi level educational program in energy based medicine. The Healing Touch Program curriculum progresses from beginning to advanced practice. AS a professionally accredited program, the curriculum encompasses increasing levels of practice and techniques, standards of care, code of ehtics and scope of practice. Healing Touch is endorsed by the American and Canadian Holistic Nurses Association, and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).