Healing Touch Program
Description: A course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing Touch (HT) which in-corporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in 6 levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements.
Level 2 Description: Level 2 is for students who have completed Level 1 certification in Healing Touch and wish to increase breadth and depth in the study of Healing Touch.
(16-18 continuing education contact hours.)
The second level of study in Healing Touch includes an intake interview, back techniques and a one-hour healing sequence. Emphasis in the experiential learning is on developing healing sequences for specific client needs.
The participant will learn how to:
- Share the experience of practicing Level 1 techniques.
- Develop interviewing and additional assessment skills.
- Demonstrate a one-hour healing sequence for specific client problems.
- Document clinical work.
- Practice back and neck techniques.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice Level 2 Course
Course Content Includes:
- Review techniques from HT Level 1
- Sharing experiences of practicing Level 1 techniques
- Discuss applying techniques in clinical settings
- Assessment process: interviewing skills, recording observations, documentation
- Healing techniques: One-hour Healing Sequence, Spiral Meditation, Mind Clearing, Wound Closing, Pain Ridge, Pain Drain, Sealing Leaks, Back Techniques
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
(16-18) Continuing Education Contact Hours
Workshop Information Schedule: Saturday, June 19 and Sunday, June 20, 2010
Location: Alchemy & Elixir Health Group # 320- 1026 Davie St., Vancouver, BC, V6E 1M3
Coordinator: Betty Petersen ph: 403-474-7399 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Betty Petersen, RN, BSCN, HTCP/I
- Regular Tuition – $333
- HTPA or CHNA Member Tuition – $308
- Student/Repeat/Senior – $225
- Early discount if paid by May 1-$308
- Textbook is additional. Cost is approx. $50
- Register Early as space and enrollment is limited!
Make checks payable to: c/o Betty Petersen Mail registration to: Alchemy & Elixir Health Group # 320- 1026 Davie St., Vancouver, BC, V6E 1M3
For more information visit: www.healingtouchprogram.com
Healing Touch Program is an international, multi level educational program in energy based medicine. The Healing Touch Program curriculum progresses from beginning to advanced practice. AS a professionally accredited program, the curriculum encompasses increasing levels of practice and techniques, standards of care, code of ehtics and scope of practice. Healing Touch is endorsed by the American and Canadian Holistic Nurses Association, and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).