3rd Gambier Island Herbal Medicine Making Retreat with Katolen Yardley, MNIMH
- Saturday July 13 until Sunday July 14, 2019
Partake in a 1 full day Medicine Making weekend with an option of camping overnight on an off the grid property.
- Learn about local medicinal plants through a herb walk in majestic rainforest and meadow land.
- Take a water taxi to a stunning quiet Island to learn about herbal medicine making.
- Enjoy the local animals on property and the gorgeous view overlooking Howe Sound.
- Collect medicinal and garden edibles for salad and sip on forest chai tea throughout the day.
- Prepare herbal medicine recipes and learn how to incorporate various local plants herbs as foods and medicine.
- Join Katolen Yardley, Medical Herbalist & host Sharon Brown-Horton for this informative workshop
- Price Includes: 1 day of teaching from 10 am until after 5 pm
plus 1 hour botany introduction, herb walk & ocean time option and free time to explore on second day.
- Day 1: Dive into Medicine Making and learn how to prepare lavender whipped body butter, herbal infused oil, herbal snack (power balls) and wild flower herbal sun infusions, a medicinal lip balm, immune vinegar, herbal honey, wild forest chai. Learn medicinal use of local plants.
- Day 2: Visit to ocean, meandering on a nature walk, reading and enjoying the serene space, optional 1 hour introduction to botany and plant meditation.
- Introductory Herb identification & Plant family recognition and Wildcrafting considerations will be covered.
- There will be an option to purchase Katolen’s recent book The Good Living Guide to Natural and Herbal Remedies for $ 25.
| Herbal Medicine Making Weekend |
Date: Saturday July 13 & return home at end of day OR option to camp overnight Sunday July 14, 2017. Rain or shine!
Prepayment required. Space is limited –to reserve now.
1 Full Day Medicine Making: $ 145 + GST
Glamping Accommodation: $ 40
Plus Water Taxi to island = $ 45 Total: $ 237.25
|Katolen Yardley, MNIMH is a medical herbalist and nature knower with over 20 years of teaching, clinical and medicine making experience. www.katolenyardley.com for more information and our host and Thai Massage Instructor Sharon Brown Horton|