with Katolen Yardley, MNIMH ~ Medical Herbalist on Sunday, September 18, 2016
This one-day workshop provides essential tips for holistic practitioners (new or seasoned alike) looking to establish or expand their natural healthcare business. Topics for the day include the following:
- tips and tools for preparing to open a private practice
- how to build good habits for success
- fine tune your niche market
- how to determine markups and the best possible price for your services
- possible actions to get the desired results
- sole proprietorship versus incorporation
- accounting tips and other business contemplations
- the importance of ensuring that our field is thriving for future students, practitioners, and clients
- public relations
- negotiating leases and business agreements
- your role in community medicine
- professional associations and your involvement
There will be hands-on and group work to increase success in starting your own business and planning for your practice.
Course Instructor: Katolen Yardley is a Medical Herbalist and owner of Alchemy & Elixir Health Group – For the past 17 years in private practice in Vancouver and Port Moody, BC. Katolen teaches herbal medicine courses at Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine, Langara College, Dominion Herbal College and local and international conferences. She is vice president of the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA) and second term president of the Canadian Herbalist’s Association of BC (CHA of BC).
Since 1998, she has appeared on Global Television Morning News, where she offers herbal information to the public. Katolen has been a guest on the Discovery Channel’s Healthy Home Show and has been published in numerous magazines and health journals. Her personal interest in health lies with the emotional connection to wellness and dis-ease.
Her book The Good Living Guide to Natural and Herbal Remedies is available July 2016 and book signings will occur at the end of the course.
For more information visit: www.katolenyardley.com or Facebook: Katolen Yardley, Medical Herbalist
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 9:00am-5:00pm Location: Pacific Rim College, Victoria, BC
To register visit: Pacific Rim College Event