With Katolen Yardley, MNIMH – Medical Herbalist and host Sharon Brown Horton.
Join us for a day long adventure…. on Gambier Island.
• Learn about local medicinal plants and herb walk in the stunning rainforest and meadow land.
• Meander to a stunning off the grid property to learn about herbal medicine making.
Enjoy the local animals on property and the gorgeous view overlooking Howe Sound.
• Collect medicinal and garden edibles for salad and enjoy a delicious herbal desert, sip on herbal tea throughout the day.
• Dive into medicine making and learn how to prepare herbal teas, herbal vinegars, a medicinal salve and infused oil – an instruction booklet provided.
• Learn the various medicinal uses of local plants.
The days experience are made more magical by the fact that we are travelling to an off the grid property. This part of the island has no public ferry access, no stores, no paved roads, no hydro, no phone lines… and of course no ATM machines or restaurants. (So bring your own snacks for the day, in case you get hungry).
Access to the island is by water taxi and once you arrive it is as if you are miles away from the city, in a stunning rustic environment surrounded by wildlife (if luck is with us a deer may stop by for a hand fed snack!) and on the property your might meet some friendly hens and roosters, kittens. Stunning views of the ocean and mountains are visible.
Katolen Yardley, MNIMH is a medical herbalist and nature knower with over 20 years of clinical and medicine making experience. Author of the Good Living Guide to Natural and Herbal Remedies (August 2016). Visit www.katolenyardley.com for more information
And our lovely host and Thai Massage Instructor, Sharon Brown Horton at www.hummingbirdhillfarm.net
Date: Saturday July 9, 2016
Time: From 8 am until after 6 pm
Prepayment required. Space is limited –to reserve now.
Medicine Making: $ 115 (Plus $ 45 Water Taxi to island) =
Total: $ 160
Meet in Vancouver for car pool or Lions Bay Marina
More information provided upon registration.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister and pay by visa, mastercard, cheque or e transfer.
Or call 604 683 2298